Top 10 Things to Do in Lund (Sweden)
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please read our disclosure policy.
Lund is a well known and the most medieval city in Southern Sweden. You will see so many Lund landmarks of the Middle Ages, which were established in the 900s.
Lund is fulfilled with so many attractions like Greeneries, Narrow and Cobblestone Streets of European universities.
Apart from the landmarks, Lund is a place to explore Sweden’s ancientest cathedral, parks, museums, galleries, etc.
Therefore, here is the comprehensive list of the top things to do in Lund.
Useful travel tips for every traveler (Budget or not!)
→ Learn how to find cheap flights: Read our Skyscanner guide on how to find flights!
→ Save money and use Airbnb: Get up to 26USD in credit to use on your next stay, use this link to avail this!
→ Get some money back from your hotel bookings: Use this Booking.com discount code and for every 50USD worth of hotel bookings, you will get 10% of your money back!
Table of Contents
- 1 Quick information and Lund travel tips
- 2 Where to stay around Lund?
- 3 Short in time? Go sightseeing near Lund on tour!
- 4 Experiences and top things to do in Lund
- 4.1 Visit Lund Cathedral
- 4.2 Explore the Botanical Garden
- 4.3 View the Kulturen Museum
- 4.4 Visit The Stadsparken
- 4.5 Lund Art Gallery (Konsthall)
- 4.6 Visit Lund University
- 4.7 All Saints’ Church
- 4.8 Explore the Flyinge Equestrian Center
- 4.9 Spend Some Time at the Kulturens Ostarp Farm
- 4.10 Visit the Uppåkra Archaeological Center
- 5 Need help to plan your trip? Start with these useful tips!
- 6 Do you need inspiration for your next trip? Here are our top posts!
Quick information and Lund travel tips
- Currency? Swedish krona
- Languages? Swedish
- Where is this place? Located near the city of Malmö in Southern Sweden. Northern Europe
- What is Sweden famous for? Skiing, Northern Lights, ABBA, meatballs, pickled herring, IKEA.
- Best time to visit Sweden? All year round. But if you’re not a fan of winter, come in summer, spring, or autumn. The weather won’t be extreme but mind that spring and autumn might be wet from the rain. Just make sure to bring a good winter jacket and travel shoes with you!
- How to get there? You can easily get from Stockholm to Lund via train (4hrs 13mins), bus (7hrs 45mins), or you can drive (6hrs 17mins). Alternatively, you can also get from Malmö to Lund easily.
- Other famous places in Sweden? Stockholm, Kalmar, Gammelstad, Ystad, Gothenburg, Uppsala, Malmö, Swedish Lapland, Luelå, Kosterhavet, Gotland, Österlen, Marstrand, Skåne
- Famous neighboring countries? Norway, Denmark, Iceland, and Finland
Do you need a visa for Sweden?
Sweden is part of the Schengen area and citizens of EU group of countries can freely enter this Baltic state while citizens of USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia can enter the country just with their passports and stay for 90 days.
You can check our guide on how to get a Schengen visa and as well to see if you’re eligible to enter the country with just your passports or if you’ll need to apply for a visa prior entry – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Sweden?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need insurance?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
Where to stay around Lund?
Short in time? Go sightseeing near Lund on tour!
Experiences and top things to do in Lund
Visit Lund Cathedral
To start your activities, explore the Lund Cathedral, which is around one thousand years old, built in the 1100s. This cathedral comes in the best churches in Sweden, visited by thousands of tourist in a year.
The cathedral routine service is becoming the tourist attractions point here, which is continuing from more than a thousand years.
Do not miss seeing the famous Artifacts, an opulent altar, and stalls from the 1940’s here in the cathedral. Do not forget to bring a camera to capture the top tourist attraction in Lund of the Nordic Countries.
Explore the Botanical Garden
The Botanical garden is fulfilled with lush and so many plants. It is in the center part of the city where people can see almost 7,000 different plants.
It was founded in the 17th century in the center of Lund. So many visitors come here each year; hence, it becomes the most visited place in Lund.
You will be astonished to see the attractive flowers and greenhouses if you are a nature lover. May to July time is best to visit the botanical garden as it is filled with plenty of flowers and plants.
To get some pause, you can stay at the café, see the pond, and spend some peaceful time.
View the Kulturen Museum
The Kulturen Museum is one of the best places to visit in Lund, where you can see more than 20 exhibitions based on Folk Art, Local and International Culture, Medieval History.
Also, do not forget to see the replicated buildings from the 20th-century medieval. The pleasant gardens are well enough to construct the museum a well worthy place to visit in Lund.
In addition, do not miss the buildings, galleries, and the collection of around 2 million Artefacts, Counting Silverware, Porcelain, and Jewellery from the Scania province.
Visit The Stadsparken
The Stadsparken is another most significant place to be included in Lund tour. It is a full picturesque park, and the whole area is filled with lovely grass, statues, and cafes.
A bird museum is also there that shows domestic birdlife also; there is a big playground for kids. This park is designed in German and French style, and the other part of the garden is kept English style.
Stadsparken Park has a variety of trees and exotic woods. All these gardens, lawns, and paths are the center of attraction in Lund tour.
Lund Art Gallery (Konsthall)
To explore the local culture and modern art, visit the art gallery of Lund. It was constructed in 1957 by 20th-century modernist Klas Anshelm.
You can see the large glass panels filled with the light system on the top of the gallery. So many tourists visit the venue each year to see the shows for Scandinavian art.
However, some international shows are also organized every year with the free catalog for the exhibitions. In the gallery, you may find a research room and studio.
Visit Lund University
The University of Lund is the oldest university in Sweden; it has remarkable and ancient architecture.
The university was founded in the 13th century, and now it is one of the best-ranked universities among the top 100 universities in the world.
Do not escape the chance to explore the spacious garden, where you can stroll around and spend some time easily on the beautiful campus.
All Saints’ Church
The All Saints’ Church is another greatest landmark of Lund (Sweden). Helgo Zettervall designed this Monumental Neo-Gothic church in the 1890s.
The Lund cathedral building area was a bit small for the worships; hence, the bishop Johan Henrick Thomander decided the find another building as a replacement to the Lund Cathedral.
The size of the All Saint’s Church is still magnificent, and the 72-meter long tower makes it more attractive to see.
Moreover, the room is sufficient for more than 2,000 people.
Explore the Flyinge Equestrian Center
Your Lund sightseeing plan could be more knowledgeable by visiting Flyinge Equestrian Center. It is one of the oldest stud farms in the world and a mighty place to see.
There is no entry fee for visitors; you can walk around and see the ancient stud farm and horses if you are a horse lover. It is equally recognized as the most prominent and oldest breeding, research and training station founded in the 12th century.
This stud was situated in 15 KM area from Lund in southern Sweden, and the establishment was done by King Carl X Gustaf of Sweden in 1661.
Spend Some Time at the Kulturens Ostarp Farm
If you wish to know about the agriculture of the 19th century, do not miss visiting Kulturens Ostarp.
There are so many things to see, like Farm animals and historic farming methods that are still in use. The timber-farmed farmhouse and courtyard are good to see and are open for visitors in the summer day.
However, it is open all year round you can come and enjoy the foods and drinks along with walks in this area. You will also find an old water mill and windmill while exploring the Kulturens Ostarp Farm.
Additionally, do not forget to see the animals, building, gardens, and the historic farming environment from the mid 19th century.
Visit the Uppåkra Archaeological Center
The Uppåkra Archaeological Center lies three miles from the South Lund. Uppåkra was a significant Iron Age home of Southern Sweden.
You can also search more about archaeological in the Lund University’s Historical Museum.
If you take the Lund travel guide, it will assist you to see and imagine the history of this village before 1000 AD.
Need help to plan your trip? Start with these useful tips!
- Best Carry On Backpack: Top Weekender Backpack Reviews
- Best Luggage: Top Suitcase Reviews
- Backpacking Minimalist: How to Travel with Less (Minimalist Travel)
- Minimalist packing list for women
- Minimalist packing list for men
- Backpack vs Luggage: Which One to Use for Long Term Travel
Important travel tips and tricks:
- Before Flight Travel Checklist: Make Sure You Have Everything You Need!
- How to Find Cheap Flights Everywhere (Using Skyscanner)
- Why You Should Get a Travel Insurance for Your Next Adventure
- Hotel, Hostel, Airbnb, or Guesthouse: Which One to Choose for Accommodation?
- Top Travel Tips to Use When You Get to Your Destination
Do you need inspiration for your next trip? Here are our top posts!
- Best Cities in Europe to Visit: Top Weekend Getaways in Europe!
- Best Cities to Visit in Asia: Top 20 Beautiful and Best Cities to Travel in Asia
- European Honeymoon: The Most Romantic Destinations in Europe
- Inspirational Travel Quotes: The 111 Amazing Travelling Quotes
- Best Nature Quotes: Top 35 Quotes About Nature and Life