Best Outdoor Quotes: The 35 Funny and Great Outdoor Quotes
There is nothing more magical than good outdoor quotes captioned with awesome pictures when you need a little dose of motivation. With that in mind, I have compiled a list of top quotes from the realms of outdoors, including nature, sea, desert, travel, and adventure. These quotes include popular centuries old sayings to contemporary maxims. I have also mentioned the source and authors of such wise words of wisdom, wherever possible. Browse the outdoor quotes below and tell us if you have loved one. Also, let us know if you could not find your perfect go-to quote in the comment box below. If you feel that it would inspire your friend or someone you know, feel free to share this article. Post your favorite quote on Pinterest by hovering over these images, or share over your favorite social media through sharing buttons at the end.
We often need some kind of push to set our sails free, explore the undiscovered, and get lost a bit. If you have a strong urge to explore the world, Wanderlust is a very small word to describe your feelings. Almost all of us should admit that we all love to tour the world. There is nothing better than exploring a new culture, literature, custom, and traditions or just getting outdoors for fun. It can be even more exciting to go hiking, traveling, or just going for a walk to have your thoughts. When I think of fall, I quickly start thinking of going outdoors, as it is my favorite season. Each and every sight is captivating during this season, be it the leaves on the ground, trees, mountains, sunsets, forests, or the ocean.
Exploring the outdoors seems to be the best way to connect with something other than busy meetings, phones, or any kinds of technology. It is all about you and the raw, real nature in the outdoors and the air is so fresh that you cannot do anything but indulge in every breath you take. There is no Wi-Fi, but you would get a better connection with nature. Whether it is just the serene outdoors and you, or your partner or group of friends, there is no other special connection, which is so surprising and different.
Even the most devoted outdoor enthusiasts need a dose of inspiration to go outside. With that said, I have gathered some of my favorite inspirational and funny outdoor quotes that can urge you to explore. We always want to live by these quotes. These are the quotes we recite when we are at work and when it comes to hiking. So, pull on your hiking shoes, pack your bags, get inspired, and hit the trail.
It is sometimes easy to think great when going outdoors. Of course, pictures say a thousand words. However, quotes do well. These nature pictures and outdoor quotes would definitely remind you it is time to go outdoors and get up and be more productive to nurture your soul. Whether you are getting lost on your goal or your direction, you will definitely find something magical in these quotes. We hope these quotes will inspire you and your friends to try something new in life.
NOTE: All of the photos in this post are pinnable, just hover and you can pin it right away for inspiration later!
Best Outdoor Quotes: The 35 Funny and Great Outdoor Quotes
1. “Spending time outdoors makes you feel great.” – Elizabeth Hurley
2. “It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature’s gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever.” – Jimmy Carter
3. “Hearty laughter is a good way to jog internally without having to go outdoors.” – Norman Cousins
4. “The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only paradise we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need, if only we had the eyes to see.” – Edward Abbey
5. “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature–the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” – Rachel Carson
6. “Nature contains that spirit and power which we can witness but not weigh, inwardly conceive but not comprehend, love but not limit, imagine, but neither define nor describe.” – T. E. Lawrence
7. “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Kahlil Gibran
8. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
9. “Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.” – Gerard De Nerval
10. “The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing.” – Barbara Kingsolver
Great outdoors quotes
11. “I love being outdoors. I love listening to the crickets. I want to embrace nature.” – Miranda Kerr
12. “I’m an introvert. I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky.” – Audrey Hepburn
13. “I love being outdoors. I love just spending time in the sun and hanging out with my friends.” – Nina Agdal
14. “All those hours exploring the great outdoors made me more resilient and confident.” – David Suzuki
15. “I was drinking in the surroundings: air so crisp you could snap it with your fingers and greens in every lush shade imaginable offset by autumnal flashes of red and yellow.” – Wendy Delsol
16. “‘We made love outdoors, my favorite place to make love, assuming the weather be fair and balmy, and the earth beneath be clean. Our souls intertwined and dripping with sweat.” – Roman Payne
17. “We made love outdoors—without a roof, I like most, without stove, my favorite place, assuming the weather be fair and balmy, and the earth beneath be clean. Our souls intertwined and dripping with dew, and our love for each other was seen. Our love for the world was new.” – Roman Payne
18. “A good roast of sun, it slows you, lets you relax–and out here if there’s anything wrong, you can see it coming with bags of time to do what’s next. This is the place and the weather for peace, for the cultivation of a friendly mind.” – A.L. Kennedy
19. “Everything in Nature called destruction must be creation-a change from beauty to beauty.” – John Muir
20. “I never knew I liked to be outside so much. I never knew I liked lochs and views and that, but I could seriously handle living in a cottage by the side of somewhere like this.” – Jenn Fagan
21. “Some of us are drawn to mountains the way the moon draws the tide. Both the great forests and the mountains live in my bones. They have taught me, humbled me, purified me and changed me.” – Joan Halifax
22. “It should be expected that we will find wonder in a vast mountain landscape, but it is a more serious challenge to find wonder in a hill. It is a great achievement to find it in a molehill.” – Tristan Gooley
23. “You need to be outdoors. Away from here. You need a holiday.”
24. “I’m likely to stay here, pen in hand, until dusk comes and my writing melts into the twilight.” – Fennel Hudson
25. “Outside, the dogs whine over the wind. They sense the wolves – they sense the wild. It calls to them, like it calls to me, and I wonder sometimes if we are the only ones who hear it.” – Summer Lane
Funny outdoor quotes
26. “Lose yourself in a book, find yourself outside.” – David Covell
27. “Smart people that like good health spend several hours outdoors daily in the shade of trees.” – Steven Magee
28. “We both loved the birds and animals and plants. We both felt far happier out of doors. I felt a peace in nature that I could never find in the human world, as you know.” – Tracy Rees
29. “Days of slow walking are very long: they make you live longer, because you have allowed every hour, every minute, every second to breathe, to deepen, instead of filling them up by straining the joints.” – Frédéric Gros
30. “The stars were better company anyway. They were very beautiful, and they almost never snored.” – David Eddings
31. “Words tend to bounce off nature as they try to deliver nature’s language into the hands of another language foreign to it.” – Theodor Adorno
32. “sometimes, you just need a break. In a beautiful place, alone, to figure everything out.”
33. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.” – Sylvia Plath
34. “Not just beautiful, though—the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing. And they’re watching me.” – Haruki Murakami
35. “Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.” – John Muir
Did you like this post? We have more inspiring quotes!
IS THIS THE KIND OF POST THAT INTEREST YOU?AWESOME! TICKLE YOUR WANDERLUST AND JOIN MY COMMUNITY OF TRAVEL ENTHUSIASTS AND NEVER MISS OUT A POST!
- Which of these outdoors quotes did you like best?
DISCLAIMER: There may be affiliate links attached in this post and if you decided to purchase from my links, I get a small commission at no extra charge to you. That commission helps to run this website and so on. If you’re interested to read more about this visual travel blog’s other ventures, please read my disclosure policy for more information.