Trust me, I’ve heard more people saying Iceland is on their bucket list than anything else! However, Iceland is not only a winter destination where you’ll see the famous Aurora Borealis or out of this world ice formations and glaciers. Iceland in summer is equally as marvelous and obviously, a whole year-round destination for anyone seeking adventure.
Truthfully, when I heard that my friend and his girlfriend (who took the beautiful photos, by the way) decided to visit Iceland last summer, rented a car and road trip their way around the country for two weeks, I know, I had to feature their travels here at Pretty Wild World. Plus, their travel stories are amazing, too, but that’s for another day. In this post, we will focus on Iceland’s beauty in summer!
I once featured Vincent and his travel mishap once before, but this time, there’s no mishap since he’s a well-traveled bloke now (no more missing papers when traveling, hah!). But this time, I’m featuring his partner, Saara, whom I asked if I can use her photographs on this blog post, and she gladly agreed!
With no further ado, here’re 20 amazing photos of Iceland in summer during their amazing road trip from June of 2016.
[button size=”medium” style=”success” text=”→ CLICK HERE FOR MORE ICELAND TRAVEL GUIDES ←” link=”https://prettywildworld.com/travel-guides/europe/iceland/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”]
Table of Contents
- 1 HIKING AND ROAD TRIP PHOTOS OF ICELAND IN SUMMER
- 1.1 SKAFTAFELL, NATIONALPARK
- 1.2 SEYĐISFJÖRĐUR
- 1.3 SNÆELFELLSNESS PENNINSULA
- 1.4 ÞINGVELLIR
- 1.5 HEIMAEY
- 1.6 HEIMAEY
- 1.7 VATNAJÖKULL
- 1.8 SVARTIFOSS
- 1.9 AKUREYRI
- 1.10 SKAFTAFELL NATIONAL PARK
- 1.11 JÖKULSARLÓN
- 1.12 BREIĐDALSVÍK
- 1.13 JÖKULSARLÓN
- 1.14 AUSTURENGJAR
- 1.15 GEYSIR AT 5 A.M
- 1.16 SKÓGAFOSS
- 1.17 GULLFOSS
- 1.18 DETTIFOSS
- 1.19 BREIĐDALSVÍK
- 1.20 HEIMAEY
- 1.21 YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE TOO
- 2 Are you on Pinterest? Pin these for later read!
HIKING AND ROAD TRIP PHOTOS OF ICELAND IN SUMMER
SKAFTAFELL NATIONAL PARK
GEYSIR AT 5 A.M
Few things to remember though that although the number of tourists visiting Iceland is growing each year, let’s not forget to be a responsible tourist. As we all know that these places are peaceful, beautiful, and overall nature’s gift to this world – so let’s not destroy it.
Here are a few things to remember when you’re traveling to another country:
- Research before you go. I can’t stress enough the fact that each country has its own do’s and don’t and to avoid conflict on anything – make sure you read that country’s culture and think what you can do not to offend the locals.
- Your trash belongs to the garbage and nowhere else. Not on the sidewalk, not on your campsite, nowhere else but the trash bin. If you can’t find one, then bring your trash with you until you find one. Remember that whatever you do, someone’s watching, and if whatever you do is wrong, that somebody might think that it is right and do the same. A negative domino effect is something you can avoid by doing the right thing.
- Read rules and regulations. They are dotted down for a reason, and trust me; you don’t want to be the person breaking them as some protected areas, such as the national parks mentioned in this post, will not think twice of giving you a fine for breaking the rules.
These are only a few of the things that are on top of my list. However, be reminded that in each destination you visit, there are new things to learn, and it doesn’t hurt to read a bit about them beforehand.
I hope you liked this photo compilation. I can’t deny the fact how beautiful Iceland is in summer, and it is almost magical to see!
Thanks to Saara for these marvelous shots of Iceland! It is beyond words how beautiful a country can be, and I’m sure that a lot of you are equally dreaming of visiting Iceland one day, and with no worries, you’ll get to visit one day, too.
[message_box bg=”#hex or http://imageurl”]
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE TOO
- Hiking Plitvice Lakes National Park Experience and It’s Majestic Beauty
- Reasons Why Iceland is the Perfect Honeymoon Destination
- Vegan in Reykjavik: Awesome Restaurants to try!
- Things You Must Know Before Your Trip to Iceland – Travel Informations
- Best Road Trips in Europe: Top 15 European Road Trip Ideas
- Winter in Europe: Top 21 Winter Destinations in Europe
- What to Pack for Winter in Europe + Printable Ladies Packing List!
- New Year’s Eve in Europe
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these for later read!